Does the taxman owe you money?

Published ¤ 16/09/2009

Bookmark and Share

Landlords who rent out holiday homes in Europe may be set for a surprise windfall as changes announced in the Budget could allow them to claim millions of pounds in tax rebates.

European landlords to receive tax rebates
In certain circumstances, landlords may now be able to offset any losses they have made on their property within the past five years against their personal tax bill and may also be able to claim back capital gains tax paid on the sale of a property in Europe.
The changes are designed to give those with properties in other European countries the same rights as those with holiday homes in the UK. However the advantages will be short lived as the tax breaks will be abolished completely for both sets of owners from April 2010.
So, you need to move fast!
If you rent out your holiday home in Europe for at least 70 days a year, you could qualify for a tax rebate from HM Revenue & Customs. PKS and Conti are offering you a FREE Tax Review with European tax specialists, Target Chartered Accountants.
If you would like to discuss your options and see if you could receive a tax rebate, then call us on the number above, or click here to send us a message.

PKS is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in respect of mortgage and general insurance business only.
Registered address: 10 Addison Gardens, Odiham, Nr Basingstoke, Hants RG29 1AS
Your home may be repossessed if you fail to keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Website design © Capital Edge Ltd 2009